Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: If Elizabeth could only have one thing....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Smile

    What would you pick? I would pick a blue dress cut similarly to Lissie's rose garden dress. BTW, totally separately, I like that Elizabeth will be getting those white shoes, I bet they switch bows like Lissie's replacement shoes, which probably means, new bows with each outfit!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Assuming that it's true a redesigned clothes press, or at least some way of storing Felicity's clothes, is in the offing, than I'd say for Elizabeth I'd love to see a pianoforte, if that would be correct historically. I know a piano was done for Josefina (and now goes for huge bucks on ebay) and AG would probably hesitate to have two high-priced items in the same collection (the clothes press being the other) but they did do the sleigh for Samantha so I can dream. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Auri, you read my mind! In think in the Felicity scenes & settings it is mentioned that families had "Spinet" pianos - someone please verify that if it isn't true - a great option for Elizabeth so she can play duets with Felicity. I do remember that girls at the time would never play the violin or flute.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would love a little buggy for the horse to pull. Although it will probably be pricey pricey pricey [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member rafferty's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I want a carriage & horse too...like I believe I said in another post...for Christams, I do believe a set like that would fly again. We have the sleigh, & it is our favorite items so far. Since horses were such a huge part of Felicity's life, and a HUGE part of Williamsburg, even today, I hope they do something with that. It would be very cool to have a fancy covered carrage for the Governer's Ball. You should see the real carrage they use for "special" people when they go to Williamsburg now...it is really something!

    I believe a piano would also be quite nice...would it be a harpsacord?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    In Felicity's books, Mother goes to the spinnet to play Christmas carols to avoid an argument between Ben & Grandfather. (Just re-read the collection, as I grabbed them for super-cheap at Sam's, so this is all fresh in my mind.)

    I'd love to see Elizabeth have a sewing sampler with a life-size one for girls to sew!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member dolldreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2005
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd love to see elizabeth have brown hair and brown eyes. Oh, I can't have that, ok...hmmmm. Let me get back to you.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I notice that on my post and one other, certain words are showing up as hyperlinks to ebay. I haven't seen this before but seem to remember Microsoft tried tags like this and were basically forced to stop because people objected so strenuously. Is Hostboard doing this now? It's really annoying.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •